Friday, August 29, 2008

Steamboat Springs

My sister, Andrea, gave me a weekend in her timeshare for a birthday present last year. Well, we never got the chance to use it, so we asked her if we could use it this year and of course she said yes. She is able to go to condos all over the world. We decided to go to Steamboat Springs. It was so nice to get away. I am still getting used to staying at home and although I love it, I need to have an adventure every now and then and this was perfect. We all had a great time. Thanks Andi!











Headsets are a great idea for the DVD player. This way the kids could watch Star Wars the Clone Wars and Enchanted multiple times while Mike and I jammed out to ABBA the entire four hour drive. We got to Steamboat on Wednesday and went swimming and relaxed that evening. The next day, we went to Fish Creek Falls Trail for a hike. Tommy looked at the map and chose the toughest trail. We did all of the trails but we were proud of him for wanting a challenge. We were able to see the falls from the top and then at the base where the kids were able to wade. We did Tommy's tough trail last. It was quite steep and difficult. Both of the kids did great though. They always impress us on these hikes. If we had continued on the trail, it would have been a five mile hike to Long Lake, which Tommy probably could have done... but it was time for lunch.




















It was an amazing day. The views were unbelievable. We all really enjoyed it. On Friday, we checked out of our lovely condo and went to the park to play. There is a great trail right along the river and this cute park with the biggest slide I have ever seen at a park.

No comments: