I am working again this month so Daddy continues to be the fun one. He took the kids to the dinosaur museum in Woodland Park the other day. They both love it there. Tommy picked out this souvenir. It is a brick with plastic dinosaur bones packed inside. It came with a hammer and chisel so you can dig them out and put them together. When I got home from work that day, The kids were in the driveway digging away. They didn't even notice me pulling up.
The project took a couple of days...
After they finished "excavating" the site, they assembled the bones and then painted them.
Pretty cool!
Now for some funny stories. Tommy wanted to play battleship the other day and Mike and I were feeling too lazy for such a task. We just wanted to watch TV. Yes we will probably win parents of the year. Anyway, he decided he didn't need us. He would stand by one board and call out "B-3" then walk over to the other board and say," oh man! You hit my submarine!" He kept this up for a while. It was hilarious. We asked him who his opponent was and he said it was his cousin Tommy. That's been his imaginary friend for a while. What a funny guy.

The project took a couple of days...
After they finished "excavating" the site, they assembled the bones and then painted them.
Pretty cool!
Now for some funny stories. Tommy wanted to play battleship the other day and Mike and I were feeling too lazy for such a task. We just wanted to watch TV. Yes we will probably win parents of the year. Anyway, he decided he didn't need us. He would stand by one board and call out "B-3" then walk over to the other board and say," oh man! You hit my submarine!" He kept this up for a while. It was hilarious. We asked him who his opponent was and he said it was his cousin Tommy. That's been his imaginary friend for a while. What a funny guy.Katie and Tommy wrestle all the time. They usually are both having fun but sometimes, one of them gets hurt...
When wrestling turns into fighting or hitting, they have to go to the green chair and hold hands until they are friends again. My sister and I developed this method of parenting when we were children and we had cats. If two cats weren't getting along, we stuck them under a laundry basket together until they were friends again. Usually they just fought more and became so violent that the basket flew off. I decided it was worth trying with the kids anyway. We don't have a big enough laundry basket though.
When wrestling turns into fighting or hitting, they have to go to the green chair and hold hands until they are friends again. My sister and I developed this method of parenting when we were children and we had cats. If two cats weren't getting along, we stuck them under a laundry basket together until they were friends again. Usually they just fought more and became so violent that the basket flew off. I decided it was worth trying with the kids anyway. We don't have a big enough laundry basket though.
1 comment:
Well, I hope that chair thing works for you... I wish it would for mine, but they are too old and end up just hurting feelings too. It worked when they were little, sort of.
Post a Comment