We went to Salt Lake earlier this month to see Disney on Ice with my sister and her family, to see my nephew perform in The Music Man and of course to visit the grandmas.


Just like these kids, I was mesmerized. I thought it was a fantastic show! I remember when my dad took our family to see the Ice Capades at the Salt Palace when I was a kid. My dad and I were both afraid of heights so we left our seats to stand closer to the ice. I always wanted to be an ice skater but I never took lessons. I still love to watch it. My only complaint was that the concessions were criminally expensive. I just can't bring myself to pay $15 for a snow cone + $2 for a spoon. Does that make me an unfit parent? The people at the booth would have us all believe that yes it does.




I don't care who you are, these cars are dang cute.
The Music Man curtain call
Here is Zach in the Music Man. He did an outstanding job! The whole play went really well. I can't believe how grown up he is.
Mike is always willing to help my mom with projects. He's such a good son-in-law. This mountain ash is dying (dead) and needs to be cut down. It used to be a beautiful tree when I was a kid. Mike is climbing it to determine how to cut it down while avoiding all the power lines on either side and the house in the back. I am ready to drive him to the emergency room.
My big brave lumberjack.
We were fortunate to have some good weather days while we were in Salt Lake. We went with my sister and her kids to the zoo to celebrate her birthday. Yes, Katie adores her cousin.
In an open display of childhood rebellion, this little monkey sat chewing on a twig. Would he get away with it?
Nope, mom told him no chewing twigs for the last time. Now she would have to sit on his head. Monkey discipline.


Who doesn't love a baby elephant? Seriously, she's the cutest thing I have seen. My sister and I discussed stealing her but then we thought about the clean up and decided just to visit her now and then.

My big brave lumberjack.
We were fortunate to have some good weather days while we were in Salt Lake. We went with my sister and her kids to the zoo to celebrate her birthday. Yes, Katie adores her cousin.
In an open display of childhood rebellion, this little monkey sat chewing on a twig. Would he get away with it?
Nope, mom told him no chewing twigs for the last time. Now she would have to sit on his head. Monkey discipline.


Who doesn't love a baby elephant? Seriously, she's the cutest thing I have seen. My sister and I discussed stealing her but then we thought about the clean up and decided just to visit her now and then.
It was a great visit. We did so much in such a short period of time. My mom is doing pretty well. She is very tired. The treatment for this disease at times seems more harsh than the disease itself. She has just eight more treatments to go!


No comments:
Post a Comment