Sunday, October 31, 2010

Second Annual Costello Sisters Reunion

Every year (starting last year) my sisters and I get together at Andrea's timeshare in St. George. The kids are so easy to fly with now, it is awesome!

Tommy doesn't look suspicious at all going through security--does he?
We flew into Salt Lake on Tuesday night and didn't go to St. George until Wednesday evening so we were able to visit with the grandmas and go to Gardner Village.
Should I just start a separate blog for pony rides?You can almost hear Tommy saying, "Awwwww".
The fancy face painter Katie had last year wasn't there during the week but they still got some cute eye stuff- which would stay with them for the rest of the vacation.We had originally planned to fly down to St George but Kathy rented a minivan and we all drove together. I'm glad I got to spend that much more time with her. Her son, Zach DJ'd the drive very well. He is an excellent pianist too. I wish this picture was a video, he is so good!
Stockton enjoyed the reprieve from playing with boy toys and tried his hand at fashion designing. He and Katie even played house and took care of their pillow pets that Kathy bought them. She made a treasure hunt around the complex and at the end, each of the kids got a pillow pet. She is so creative and cute!Watching Jaxson play computer games was a favorite past time.
We had anticipated cooler and maybe rainy weather. We were fortunate to get some sunny days though so we could play in the pool.
I guess we forgot a feeding. Thank goodness for Aunt Andi and Shauna- their popcorn saved the day!Sneak attack?Still my baby.Katie then employed every member of Kathy's family to carry her around the pool.

Zach
KathyAnd Jaxson.
My handsome boy.I found this huge caterpillar on the way to the pool. I thought the kids would like it. They did, but not as much as Kathy. She was very excited about it. We were both a little nervous about that ominous looking blue spike on it. We decided to put him back in the bushes after he started these scary jerking motions that looked like some kind of caterpillar Kung Fu.We went to Zion's National Park one day. This is a little stop on the way. A cute little western town and gift shop (tourist trap) and petting zoo.

Boy is this wagon going fast!
The Costello Sisters
I think Katie would have done well in the old west.
Here's another picture I wish was a video. Katie was telling the deer, "that's right, let it all out". Maybe she'll be a wildlife psychologist.And we finally made it to the park. Here's Stockton coming down the hill at top speed.Since the flights back to Colorado Springs were full Sunday night when we got back to Salt Lake, we got to spend some extra time with the grandmas. Mike's mom gave me these beautiful roses from her yard for my birthday. My mom got me a beautiful pedicure. They know me so well:)This was the scene from take off to landing. When I woke the kids up, Tommy asked, "Have we taken off yet?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Dory!!! I loved all of it.

Jeanne said...

What a fun trip and a nice tradition. I think that caterpilar might be some sort of swallowtail butterfly when it's a grown up.