Sunday, June 22, 2008

The North Pole


The North Pole is an amusement park here in Colorado with a Christmas theme. It is set in the mountains so you don't feel overly exposed to the sun all day. You just have to deal with rain showers no matter when you go, but they usually pass pretty quickly. It is really geared toward little kids so we love going there. Tommy and Katie can ride every ride. We just need to be with them on some of them. We went there the first time when Andrea, Kathy and her family came out after Katie was born. Tommy was two and Katie was one week old. Tommy wasn't afraid of any of the rides. When we went last year, Katie was pretty scared of the bigger rides. The staff there is great and if your child is crying, you just give them a thumbs down sign and they will stop the ride. We had to exercise that option a few times. She was a little bit braver this year but we still had to stop the Tilt-A-Whirl.


Tommy is riding on a Christmas ornament


Tommy and Mike on the sky ride, yes Mike took this picture himself.



Glad we paid for you guys to look at geese.




Katie always wants to drive our car so I guess this is a little bit safer. Every time we go somewhere, she wants to put the key in the ignition and she says, "I'm driving". I told she needs to wait until she is at least three.




This slide was Katie's favorite ride both last year and this year. Last year she made me carry her up the stairs twenty times to ride it. This year, she walked/ran twenty times so it wasn't as bad.




Katie and Alicia on the train.




Katie and Alicia on the sky ride, Katienever wanted to get off.




I'm bracing for the part where Tommy is going to squish me.



I think Mike won this race, but don't tell Tommy that. He and Katie have become very competitive lately. They race for everything and announce, "I won" when they get there first. We finally had to tell them that we're not playing that anymore because who ever wasn't first would be totally devastated. The other day in the car, Tommy buckled himself into his car seat first and said, "I won". Katie looked back at him and said, "It's not about winning". I guess they do listen sometimes.


Those of you who know Mike know what a character he is. He makes us all laugh all the time. As I was taking pictures of him and Tommy on the Ferris Wheel, he was making some interesting poses.




When you're this cute, you get away with everything!



And that was our fun trip to the North Pole.

More T-ball pictures. So Tommy is the kid to the left of the boy touching his hat. You can see his nose and mouth. But look at the cute water girl in the lower right hand corner.



Tommy's preschool class went to the zoo on their last day of class. Katie got to go too.

Zoo pictures
Kind of happy on the real pony...


Very happy on the fake pony...fake ponies are better!

Sneak attack

No comments: